- Rhubarb, blackcurrant, blackberry -
Situated to the South of Aberdare ranges and of Mt. Kenya, the Yara Estate was initially established by a British settler in 1902. Originally growing other produce such as maize, beans and lettuce, it wasn’t until 1930, when new owners took over the Estate, that the first coffee crop was planted. From then on, Yara became a coffee-producing farm. The Estate continued to be managed by different settler families until in 1971; Gatatha Farmers Co. Ltd was formed by local residents, who today manage the Estate
ROAST TYPE: Omni
FARM: Yara Estate
ALTITUDE: 1600-1650 masl
PRODUCER: Gatatha Farmers
VARIETY: SL28, SL34& Ruiru 11
- All of our coffee is packed in 250g and 1kg fully recyclable boxes and bags.
- All coffee orders of 1 x 250g are sent in our letter box friendly bag, orders over 1 x 250g are sent in boxes.
- We roast our coffee on a Monday and Wednesdays
- If you would like to ask any questions, drop us an email: email@example.com