Costa Rica - San Francisco
- Strawberry, apricot, cheesecake -
Almost being hailed as our summer coffee, this is the 3rd year in a row we have purchased this incredible naturally processed from San Francisco. This year highlights a crop from Edgar Fallas Solis, a 10-12 hectares of coffees site with avocados, citrus and banana trees. The farm is split in a few different parcels culminating from 1,400 to 2,000 masl. The micro lots are produced at 1,800 + masl.
At the moment the fertilization plan is 50/50 organic and chemical but Edgar would like to make it 75/25. Protecting environment is really important for him. A lot of biodynamic technics are used in the farm (use of garlic, chili, intercropping, etc.). He’s really aware of climate change and of the necessity of adapting his farming.
At the peak of the season, 15 people are working with the family to harvest all the cherries. Edgar and hi family are members of the Asoproaaa Coop where the micro lots were processed to ensure the quality and consistency of the lots.
LOCATION: Cordillera Central
VARIETY: Caturra, Catuai
- All of our coffee is packed in 250g and 1kg fully recyclable boxes and bags.
- All coffee orders of 1 x 250g are sent in our letter box friendly bag, orders over 1 x 250g are sent in boxes.
- We roast our coffee on a Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- If you would like to ask any questions, drop us an email: email@example.com