DR Congo - Hutwe
- Nectarine, jam, chocolate -
The Kivu Provinces, located in the far east of the country, are situated near the equator and the highlands of the volcanic Rwenzori mountain range,
part of the Albertine rift, Africa’s largest tectonic fault line. The terroir provides an ideal environment for specialty arabica cultivation, with plentiful sunshine and rainfall; high elevations; and rich, fertile volcanic soils. The 2 provinces are positioned north and south of Lake Kivu, one of Africa’s Great Lakes. Kivu drains into the Congo river and in turn, feeds the Congo basin:
the second largest rainforest in the world, a key carbon sink and one of the richest sources of biodiversity on earth.
ALTITUDE: 1500-1800 masl
VARIETY: Bourbon, Rumangabo
- All of our coffee is packed in 250g and 1kg fully recyclable boxes and bags.
- All coffee orders of 1 x 250g are sent in our letter box friendly bag, orders over 1 x 250g are sent in boxes.
- We roast our coffee on a Monday and Wednesdays
- If you would like to ask any questions, drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org